Peter Ferdinand Drucker
- November 19, 1909 - November 11, 2005
- Born in Austria, Wien. Nationality : United states of America
- 1927. Entrance into Department of Law, University of Hamburg, Germany
- 1931. Earn a Doctor's Degree in Law, University of Frankfurt, Germany
- 1933~. Major in Economics and Management, in England
- 1939. Published his first book <The End of Economic Man>
- 1942~1949. Professor of philosophy and politics in Bennington College, USA
- 1943. Consultant of General Motors (GM)
- 1947 ~ Advisor of Marshall Plan
- 1950 ~ 1971 Professor of management in University of New York, USA
- 1954. Published <The Practice of Management>, so called "the fundamental text of Management"
- 1971 ~ 2003. Chair Professor of Social Science of Claremont Graduate Universit in California. (The university School of Management was named for him in 1987)
- 1990년 ~. Peter F. Drucker Foundation for Nonprofit Management
- Wrote over 60 Books about Management.
Peter Ferdinand Drucker, who invented the management, was a writer, management consultant and self-described "social ecologist" who drew on a wide range of disciplines in his work from history to literature, from psychology to theology.
Drucker created terms for management such as privatization, decentralization, delegation of authority, MBO, horizontal organization, learning organization. Also, Drucker emphasized the growth of Japan's economy, the importance of marketing, revelation of information-oriented society, and the need of lifelong education. He designed the concept of "worker" and considered the productivity of knowledge work in the next generation's management.
Drucker directly influenced a huge number of leaders from a wide range of organizations across all sectors of society. Among the many: General Electric, IBM, Intel, Procter & Gamble, Girl Scouts of the USA, the Salvation Army, Red Cross, the United Farm Workers and several presidential administrations, Coca Cola. Drucker has foreseen the future phenomena and sought for practices and solutions for those phenomena such as wars, collapse of socialism, growth of Japan's economy, the emergence of China as an economic power, the influence of mass media and the development of Internet.
Peter Drucker Books
|- Fredrich Julius Stahl, Konservative Staatslehre und Geschichtliche Entwicklung: 1933, Tuebingen Mohr Published. |
- The End of Economic Man, 1939
- The Future of Industrial Man, 1942
- Concept of the Corporation, 1946
- The New Society, 1950, Harper & Row Published.
- The Practice of Management, 1954
- America’s Next Twenty Years: 1957, Harper & Row
- Landmarks of Tomorrow: 1959, Harper & Row
- Managing for Results, 1964
- The Effective Executive, 1966
- The Age of Discontinuity, Guidelines to Our Changing Society, 1969
- Technology, Management and Society: 1970, Harper & Row Published.
- Men, Ideas and Politics: 1970년 Harper & Row Published.
- Management: Tasks, Responsibilities and Practices, 1974
- The Unseen Revolution: How the Pension Fund Came to America, 1976
- Management Case Book: 1977년 Harper & Row Published.
- Adventures of a Bystander, 1979 (autobiography)
- Song of the Brush: Japanese Painting from the Sanso Collection 1979
- Managing in Turbulent Times, 1980
- Toward the Next Economics and Other Essays, 1981
- The Changing World of the Executive 1982
- The Last of All Possible Worlds, 1982
- The Temptation to Do Good 1984
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship, 1985
- The Discipline of Innovation, Harvard Business Review, 1985년
- The Frontiers of Management, 1986
- The New Realties, 1989
- Managing the Non-Profit Organization: Principles and Practices, 1990
- The Ecological Vision, 1992
- Managing for the Future: The 1990s and Beyond, 1992
- The Post-capitalist Society, 1993
- The Ecological Vision: Reflections on the American Condition, 1993
- The Effective Executive, 1993
- Five Most Important Questions, 1993
- The Theory of the Business, Harvard Business Review, September-October 1994
- Managing in a Time of Great Change, 1995
- Drucker on Asia: A Dialogue Between Peter Drucker and Isao Nakauchi, 1996
- Peter Drucker on the Profession of Management, 1998
- Harvard Business Review on Measuring Corporate Performance, 1998
- Management Challenges for the 21st Century, 1999
- Managing Oneself, Harvard Business Review, March-April 1999
- The Essential Drucker
- Leading in a Time of Change: What Will Take to Lead Tomorrow (2001: with Peter Senge)
- The Effective Executive Revised, 2002
- They’re Not Employees, They’re People, Harvard Business Review, February 2002
- Managing in the Next Society, 2002
- A Functioning Society, 2003
- The Daily Drucker: 366 Days of Insight and Motivation for Getting the Right Things Done, 2004
- What Makes An Effective Executive, Harvard Business Review, June 2004
- The Effective Executive in Action, 2005
- Classic Drucker, 2006